Image Map

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Adventures in the Kitchen: CSA Week #6

This week's CSA box was packed! And we have a few different/new items this week:

Potatoes, sweet corn, broccoli, green beans, 2 types of cucumbers, pepper, red raspberries, onion, tomato, and zucchini. 

I'm not sure exactly what kind of pepper this is. It is about the same size and shape as a regular bell pepper, but it is slightly yellow and smells almost sweet. 

I am SUPER excited for some corn on the cob. We usually just grill, boil, or microwave our corn but I've been seeing some interesting recipes that I might give a go with some of these 8 ears of corn. I was interested in several of the recipes found in this article.

Most of the cucumbers we get are eaten just plain or on a salad before I can think of something exciting to make with them. OR I use them to make some lemon cucumber water - yum! 
But I've really been wanting to try this Basil Chive Cucumber Corn Salad I found on Sumptuous Spoonfuls
Especially because the 2 things that I have in my 'garden' (if you can call it that) are chives and basil! It just sounds like a refreshing and different way to eat cucumbers. 

Did you see the black and blue cobbler I made last week with our black raspberries? I'm thinking the red raspberries will be gone this week before I have a chance to bake with them. They are so easy to snack on. Yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment