Image Map

Monday, March 16, 2015

Adventures in Reading: Miracle at the Higher Ground Cafe

I've shared several of Max Lucado's books with you over the years.
If you don't remember you can go here and here. Both are devotional type books.
And I have always meant to write a post about his kids books - I LOVE his kid's books. 
So when I had the chance to read and review a novel written by him, I jumped at the opportunity! 


A little about the story:
Chelsea is trying to start fresh with her 2 children after splitting from her adulterous NFL star husband. She has returned to the place where she grew up to take over the cafe that her grandmother and great-grandmother had run for decades. But Chelsea needs help. In all areas of her life. She needs a miracle. And God is ready!
 Manny is Chelsea's guardian angle (literally) sent to Earth to fight on her behalf in a spiritual battle that is being waged in and around one of San Antonio's oldest neighborhoods, the King William District. Higher Grounds Cafe and the Chambers family is in the middle of the battle. 

My thoughts on the novel:
There are spiritual battles happening around us every day. I often do not think about it, but Max Lucado paints a crystal clear picture of this reality in Miracle at the Higher Ground Cafe. While this novel is fiction, the spiritual truths expressed in the pages are very much real. Like Lucado's other books I have read, this story causes you to stop and think - about a lot of things. One of the main elements in the story is "The God Blog" where people are given the opportunity to ask God one question - and He answers (on the computer) via a special router that is miraculously installed at the Higher Ground Cafe. One thing I have been pondering since finishing this book is "What would I ask God?" 
I would recommend this book for anyone who enjoys exciting, thought provoking fiction...and coffee! 

I did receive this book for free in exchange for my review. All opinions expressed are my own, honest opinion. 


Miracle Higher Grounds Cafe Max Lucado

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know this book existed! I GOTTA got get it right now!!

    ReplyDelete