Image Map

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Adventures in Life: #PinkNinja

I've had something on my heart for a while that I want to share with you all. 

If you follow me on Instagram (which you can do HERE if you would like!) you may have seen this picture a few weeks ago...

We got this cute shirt HERE. But this is much more than just a shirt...

A few months ago I started following Stephanie on Instagram. She is a new mother too. Her sweet little bundle of joy, Addison, was born with a heart defect as well as sacrococcygeal teratoma and has already undergone several surgeries. 

Addison is a fighter. 
A ninja. 
A ninja in pink. 
And the proceeds from the #PinkNinja shirts go towards Addison's medical bills. You see, because of her medical conditions, Addison has been in the NICU since she was born. Her parents are hopeful that she will be able to come home with them soon, but until then Stephanie spends every day at the hospital caring for her sweet Addison. And after being in the hospital just 3 days with Rebekah - I can only imagine how much their medical bills are! 

I have never met Stephanie. She lives in Texas. She doesn't know who I am. Thanks to social media, I have been able to follow her story. And her unwavering faith in God's plan for her family has profoundly touched me and challenged me these past few months. 

Would you join me in praying for Addison, Stephanie and Matthew (that's Addison's dad and Stephanie's husband)? Stephanie has a blog The Vintage Modern Wife , which (understandably) has not been updated in a while, but does give some background info on Addison. 

And would you consider joining the #PinkNinja club?! If you go to the page, you will find shirts for baby all the way up to adult men/women. 

Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday! 

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh - what a good support. You have a good model to spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad!! We never know what we will have to face in life.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad. Thank you for sharing so that we can pray for her!

    ReplyDelete