Image Map

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Adventures in DIY: Tip #2


Ready for another tip for surviving a DIY Home Improvement Project?
(If you missed Tip #1, click here!)

Tip #2
Avoid ever saying the phrases "I don't care" or "Just do whatever". 

This one is just as much a reminder for me as it is a tip for you...

For anyone who has ever attempted a DIY home improvement project you know there are a million little decisions that will need to be made along the way. 

We have them every day on our basement project.
For example here are some decisions that needed to be made about lights....
What kind of light switch do you want?
How high do you want the light switch?
Do you want 2 lights or 1 light above the sink in the bathroom?
What kind of light bulbs do you like?
Where should the can lights be located in the ceiling?

Maybe you really don't care, or maybe you do care but you're overwhelmed by all the decisions... it's better to take time to think about it now, than to be bothered by how something you "didn't care" about turned out in the end.

I have to admit that I'm guilty of saying "I don't care" sometimes when Daniel asks me my opinion on something basement related. I do not always know what's the best decisions, but if he feels the need to ask my opinion, I try my hardest to give him my honest opinion, and not just leave all the little decisions up to him. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures of all you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice! I'd love for you to link it up on my blog for my DIY Weekend link party.

    http://mrandmrswinslett.blogspot.com/2013/08/diy-weekend-829.html

    ReplyDelete