Image Map

Friday, December 14, 2012

Adventures in Life: Favorite Christmas Ornament

One of my favorite things to to at Christmas time is unpack my box of Christmas ornaments.
It is kind of like unpacking a time capsule every year.
I have an ornament from my very first Christmas.
An ornament that came from a Happy Meal when I was in grade school
(The cat from Oliver and Company...it played music for over 20 years before the battery died!)
Ornaments with each of my Grandmother's pictures.
A little car from the year I turned 16.
Since I can remember putting my own ornaments on the tree, this little one has been my favorite.
It is a little glass heart. When we had colored lights on the tree, I would always pick the best color to put this little heart next to so it would glow with the light. It is so delicate, simple because it is just glass, but complex because it is hallow inside. I remember just watching it glow on the tree. It is my favorite Christmas ornament.

Do you have a favorite Christmas ornament?

I'm saving pictures of the whole Christmas tree for next week's


You can get the details {HERE}
Hope to see you and your tree there! 














Linking up today with:
friday favorite things | finding joy

3 comments:

  1. Growing up, my siblings and I got a new ornament each year. My mom started this "tradition" so that when we grew up and moved out we would have our own little ornament collection. I love looking back on all the silly ornaments I picked as a child! I mean, Star Wars ornaments still look awesome on my adult tree, right? ;) Cant' wait to link up on the 19th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ornaments are where my heart is during Christmas. I unpack them and remember who gave them to us or us making them!

    I got two from my kid's school today and seriously best gift ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, think I'm the only person in the world that does not have special ornaments at all. I've changed my tree many times over the year and always just get rid of the ornaments.But, love that glass ornament and always enjoy stopping by.

    ReplyDelete