Image Map

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Adventures in Fall: Flower Planter

Did you guess what was missing from the outside of the house?
Here is one last look to see if you can tell what we took down...

We took down the chimney!
The top part came down alarmingly easy...It was kind of like a tower of little kid's blocks that you could just grab one and toss it off the roof. 


See what I mean!
We have a great bunch of guys over this weekend to help with taking down the rest of the chimney and hopefully finish a few more footers - I will post pictures soon!

 So, for weeks I have been resisting the urge to put out fall decorations. I like to wait for the actual season to start but places like Hobby Lobby (who already have CHRISTMAS items out) start selling everything so early! Since today is the first day of fall, I did a bit of fall decorating outside. I pulled out all of the summer flowers that were pretty much dead and went with a mum and pumpkin fall flower box ! 


I am not sure if I will leave the green vines in or pull them out too...they were still looking good so I trimmed them up a bit, but I think I might light the clean look of no vines hanging over the side. What do you think? 

Remember you can still like up your encouraging posts {HERE} 

4 comments:

  1. I like the vines! I vote you leave them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mums especially that red color. I must have some since it is now officially fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a window box on one of my windows but my husband is not going for it. Might have to do it myself once I pop this baby out haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there!
    Stopping by from the "Monday MeetUp" - I´m a new follower!
    Cute blog!
    Have a nice day,
    xoxo
    Anni

    ReplyDelete