Image Map

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Adventures in Encouragement: Remember When

Have you ever had someone encourage you at just the right moment? When you have been trying so very hard to keep your head up and your smile on, but inside you feel like you might lose is...I can look back at my life and see many specific times when God put someone one something in my life at just the right moment to encourage me. As I have been studying 2 Corinthians 13:11 this month, many of those times have come to mind and I thought I would share a few with you today. (so, sorry in advance for the wordiness of this post!)

"Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you."
2 Corinthians 13:11

The first situation that I thought of brought me to tears (good tears, but still sad tears). If you have been reading for a while you may remember that my Grandma Seger went home to be with the Lord a little over a month ago. She was one of my greatest example of what encouraging other people looks like, and I miss her every day. The specific thing that was brought to my memory this week was a time in college. I had just had a few disappointing events happen in my life (I will spare you the details) and was having a pretty hard week. I went to my CPO box to see if I had any mail and there, waiting for me was a card from my sweet grandma. As I opened the envelope and took out the card, reading it changed my whole attitude about the events of the past week. Her words in the card were just so encouraging to me, and she reminded me that God had it all under control. Even from hundreds of miles away she knew just what to say to bring a smile to my face and encouragement to my heart. 

Would you like an opportunity to encourage someone? (Or be encouraged?!) I would like to invite you to join the Adventures in Encouragement - a "swap" of sorts where you will get paired up with another blogger to get to know her and exchange an encouraging letter in the mail. And who doesn't love REAL MAIL?! 


1 comment:

  1. Oh Grandma. She was a master encourager... I miss her so much, V.

    I can remember a season when I was desperately needing encouragement after a few hard blows in ministry situations a few years ago, and YOU sent me an email out of the blue that just touched me so much. Grandma's left her legacy in you, Veronica. So so thankful we had her to look up to!

    Love you, cousin.

    ReplyDelete