Image Map

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Adventures in Life: Finding a Great Deal!

I get very excited when I get a good deal on pretty much anything at any store! Do you? I have found that there are tricks and tips to learn when it comes to getting the most bang for your buck depending on what store you happen to be at. One of my favorite way to save at my local grocery store is to look for boxes of produce. You see, at my grocery store, when there is produce that is slightly over ripe, a little bruised, or just not picked - they box it up and sell the box for $1.49. Today was a jackpot produce box day! I got a box of peaches & nectarines that I am going to slice and freeze for Peach Cobbler (gluten free!) and to make peach sauce for waffles. 

I also got these
A box of tomatoes with a few sweet potatoes thrown in, and a box of assorted peppers! Each box only $1.49! So right now I am making a big batch of Spaghetti Sauce with fresh tomatoes instead of canned and will freeze most of it for quick and easy dinners after a long night of digging in the basement.

What is your favorite money saving tip?

2 comments:

  1. that's amazing, i wish my grocery stoer did that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that is a GREAT deal!!

    Good job, Veronica = )

    ReplyDelete