Image Map

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Adventures in Blogging: Hodgepodge Wednesday Vol.88

Taking a quick break from the basement to join in on this week's
1. In an effort to combat obesity, the mayor of NYC has plans to ban the sale of large sugary drinks (anything over 16 oz.), initially in restaurants, movie theatres, and street carts. Corner stores would also be affected if they are defined as food service establishments. You can read more here . Your thoughts?

I didn't have a chance to read they article, but I don't think that a ban on sugary drinks will really NOT make that much of a difference. People will continue to choose to drink whatever they want, and just get refills on their less than 16 oz cups.

2. Art festival, music festival, food festival...which would you most like to attend?
Food festival if I am with Daniel, Art festival if I am with a girl friend or on my own. 

3. What are you irrational about?
Hmmm...I tend to be irrational things that just don't make sense to me. Like people who are needlessly mean to others (especially children) I just cant wrap my mind around things like that. I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of them right now...

4. Do you feel confident you'll have a comfortable retirement?
We do save for retirement, but who knows what the world will be like when we are old enough to retire! But yes, I trust that we will be able to retire comfortably some day. 

5. What's been your favorite Olympic moment so far?
(Not ever, just in the 2012 Summer games)
Wow! How can I pick?! Gabby Douglas wining her gold medal, Michael Phelps wining the most medals of olympian ever...I got it! I was so inspired by Oscar Pistorius' story. I mean WOW! First ever double amputee to compete in the Olympics. 

6. What would you label as the messiest room in your house?
Well, with all of our work in the basement, every room is pretty messy. I am going to switch this one up and answer with the bathroom as the CLEANEST. I try to keep it picked up and clean!

7. Do you follow your heart or your head?
I usually follow my head. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Do you see the new page at the top?! Operation: Finish Basement page has all of the basement updates in one place for you to track our progress! 


Happy Wednesday!

13 comments:

  1. I haven't watched much of the Olympics, but Oscar Pistorius is definitely an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely missed the race Oscar was in. But hearing about it afterward has really moved me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Oscar's story too. And I loved the moment when Kirani James asked if they could switch number tags. So sweet. Good luck with your basement project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your Olympic moment picks, so hard to choose just one! Have a great Wednesday, this is such a cute blog BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers today! With re doing a basement I bet the rest of the house is messy. It will all be worth it! Really it will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining our CHQ bloghop and following along - I'm now following you as well! See ya again next Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Oscar Pistorius' story is amazing! I know, i am the same way about how they show the athletes faces too close up. Though i think the camera zooms on them so its not really in their face. It sure looks like it and i'd be annoyed about that. I guess if the swimmers cut off the reporters its considered rude.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popped in from the Hodgepodge ~ you are a tres adorbs couple!

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completely agree with you on the first question. Hope you have tons of fun with the basement!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, was inspired by Oscar's races. What an amazing man and proof that one can achieve great things even when faced with challenges. What a wonderful outlook on life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog! Your newest follower from the CHQ blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Before we got married, hubby asked me if I would always keep our bathrooms - and especially our toilets - as clean as my mother kept hers. I told him I was the one doing the cleaning, so yes, they would be. (Then along came kids...)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree with you on the sugary drinks thing. I think people will spend more and buy 2 16 oz drinks if they have to get their sugar fix!
    Very happy you linked up to the Creative Headquarters Blog Hop! I love your blog and am excited to see more! I'm your newest follower :) Hope you come back again next week!
    Barbara @ Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete