Image Map

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Adventures in Blogging: 10 on Tuesday People Edition

When I first started making this list I thought, how will I ever come up with 10 people...but once I got the ball rolling, I couldn't stop! So the following are my 10 people (past or present) that I would like to meet in no particular order: 
Laura Ingells Wilder ~ She was (and still is) my favorite author. Many of my Halloweens were spent dresses as "Laura", and my love of reading is directly linked to reading her books with my mom before I went to bed each night. If I couldn't meet Laura, the next best thing would be...
Melissa Gilbert ~ You know, the actress who played Laura in the TV series "Little House on the Prairie"! 
Teddy Roosevelt ~ In college I took a history class all about Theodore Roosevelt. What an interesting life he lived. If you don't know much about him, I would recommend Mornings on Horseback by David McCullough or Theodore Rex by Edmund Morris. Both are great biographies.
Janet Evens ~ Recognized as the best female distance swimmer of all times, I grew up WISHING I could swim like Janet Evens. For 8 years she was undefeated in the 800 and 1500 meter freestyle. She held the record for the 800 meter freestyle for over 20 years (1988-2008) until it was broken in the last Olympics.
Paul from the Bible ~ From his complete 180 degree turn around to become a Christian, to his missionary travels, reading about Paul in the Bible is exciting...but how much more exciting would it be to hear from him what it was like in the days of the early Church. Learning from the wisdom God has given him.
Princess Diana~ I am not a big, over the top, obsessed with everything royal person, but I (like everyone in the world) have always been fascinated by Princess Diana.
Chuck Norris ~ Come on! You know you want to meet him too! I just need to decide if I would be able to keep all my Chuck Norris jokes to myself...do you think he gets tired of hearing them? Cuz I dont! Did you know that ghosts sit around the campfire and tell Chuck Norris stories? And did you hear about the town in Sweden that is building a new bridge? The town officials are letting the citizens vote on a name for the bridge. So far "Chuck Norris Bridge" has the most votes, but the town officials said they would veto the name if it wins. When asked why they replied it was for the safety of the citizens, because nobody crosses Chuck Norris and lives.
Tina Fey ~ This lady cracks me up! From Saturday Night Live to Baby Mama, she does really crack me up. 
Jackie Kennedy ~ Raising your family in the White House, being the fashion icon for women all around the world...I admittedly do not know that much about her, but would love to learn more. In all of the video clips I see of her, she looks so stunning and just down right interesting. Not to mention her opportunity to renovate and decorate the most famous House in the world!
Beth Moore ~ One of my favorite authors and speakers. I have seen her speak, but never actually met her. I would love to sit a have a cup of coffee with this wise woman of God. 


Linking up with:
Top Ten Tuesday at Many Little Blessings

Mom2MemphisandRuby

2 comments:

  1. I would love to meet Tina Fey also! Add Amy Pohler to that list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I found you through the blog hop. I was totally going to include Laura Ingalls Wilder in my list, but I had just too many to include. Maybe next time :-) Anyway, you have a new follower in me :-)

    ReplyDelete